Broccoli isn't often found in dips, but I think this has a wonderful, savoury flavour, which compliments strong flavoured sourdough really well. It's proof that plant-based dishes can provide an equally exciting taste palate as meat and dairy. Broccoli is in season in autumn, is grown locally in the UK and is a great source of fibre, minerals and vitamins, especially vitamin C.
200g raw broccoli
1 tin butter beans
Big handful fresh parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
40g cashew nuts
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
A few sprigs fresh thyme
2 tsp tahini
1. Soak the cashews in water for an hour.
2. Boil the broccoli for around 8 minutes until cooked.
3. Drain the cashews and broccoli, then add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Add water, 1 tsp at a time, until you achieve a hummus like consistency (Around 6 tbsp).
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve as a dip with crudités or crackers, on bread or in sandwiches.