This lemony courgetti is light and refreshingly raw. Courgettes are in season June to September and grow well in the UK. The creamy pesto uses avocado rather than dairy to achieve a creamy texture.
2 small courgettes
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Small handful parsley
A few basil leaves
A few mint leaves
1/2 tsp pumpkin seed butter
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 handfuls of peas (fresh or defrosted)
Small handful of pine nuts
6 pieces of cooked artichoke hearts
1. Using a spirilizer, spirilize to courgette into spaghetti like strands.
2. In a small blender, blend the avocado, lemon juice, oil, herbs (roughly chopped) and pumpkin seed butter to a smooth paste.
3. Add the peas and pine nuts, and blend again, but leave as a slightly rougher texture.
4. Add in a few teaspoons of water, to create a looser consistency, that will coat the courgette. Season the pesto well with salt and pepper.
5. Cut the artichoke hearts into thin strips, and add to a big bowl along with the pesto and courgette. Toss the courgette in the source and evenly distribute the artichokes.
6. Serve with a few lightly toasted pine nuts.